All Canadians with a Canadian passport are able to travel and to stay in Europe for a maximum of 90 days without visa.

Since September 2009, citizens of other nationalities must apply for a national VLS-TS visa for France with multiple entries and valid for the duration of the stay in France. They do not need to apply for a residence card but must follow the OFII procedure. Once the yellow OFII sticker is placed on their passport, the students can travel in the Schengen Area.