What level should students have in order to be able to register in a French establishment?


-Registration in a bachelor’s program: a high school diploma is required for universities in Canada outside of Quebec. Quebec students must have a DEC (“diplôme d’études collégiales” or college education diploma). Admission decisions are the responsibility of the establishments.

- Registration in the master’s program: the bachelor’s degree allows students to register in the Master 1 or Master 2 programs in France. Depending on the academic qualifications obtained in Canada, the French university will decide on the level of admission.

-Registration in a PhD program: a master’s degree is a prerequisite for doctoral schools in France.